Premiums for identical policies from different companies can vary by hundreds of dollars a year. Knowing this, getting quotes from several companies just makes sense.
Getting Quotes the Easy Way
The best way to get policy quotes is to go to an insurance comparison website. These websites will let you quickly get several quotes from A-rated insurance companies.
Whether you need a traditional policy that offers basic property and liability coverage or a more specialized policy that includes coverages such as flood insurance, an insurance comparison website can help you get quotes to compare.
To get your quotes, all you have to do is fill out a simple online form with basic information about yourself, your home, and your insurance needs. For example, you will need to include:
* How much coverage you want
* What you want your deductible to be
* What year your home was built
* The square footage and construction material of your home
If you have any questions as you fill out and submit your application, the best insurance comparison websites offer a chat feature staffed by insurance professionals who can guide you through the entire process.
The Next Step
Of course, getting your quotes is just the first step. You also need to compare those quotes and choose the best policy.
In addition to the price of the policy, you should also look at the financial strength, customer service and claims history of each insurance company. You can again turn to the Internet as an excellent source of information, looking at:
* Websites from rating companies such as J.D. Power and Associates (jdpower.com) and A.M. Best (ambest.com).
* The website for each company you are investigating
* Your state’s department of insurance website